JEE Mains Exam is also known as Joint Entrance Exam, is a national level entrance examination for engineering. JEE examination is a gateway for an engineering college admission in India, just like the Indian Institutes of Technology, Government Funded technical institutes, National Institutes of Technology, and other technology and engineering institutes.
If you are a student in India, the chances are more that you will aim to become a professional engineer. To pursue your dream of becoming an engineer, you need admission to a renowned engineering college in India.
Having an excellent academic record is a must, but there is a requirement to pass the JEE Exam.
Let us know more about JEE Exam and how you can prepare it in the right way.
What is the JEE Mains Exam?
JEE is also a qualifying exam to enter JEE Advance to nearly 11,300 positions, covering approximately 23 Indian Institutes of Technology seats.
Earlier, the JEE Mains Exam was conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education). However, from 2019, it is being conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). JEE is one of the toughest exams all around the world. Surprisingly, its toughness is increasing with every passing year, so the number of students willing to attempt this test.
However, a lot of hard work and dedication is required to crack the examination in the best possible way.
In the wake of minimizing paper usage as well as because everything has gone online, the National Testing Agency has taken some advanced measures, as well. Therefore, from now, the entire JEE papers are going to be held online.
The only JEE exam in paper format is for B.Arch because this includes some of the exam drawings.
Who can appear for JEE Mains Exam, or what are the eligibility criteria?
There are some eligibility criteria to appear in the JEE exams. Have a look at the information given below to get to know more about the eligibility criteria for the JEE examination:
- Firstly, to attempt a JEE exam, there is no age limit. However, an applicant must satisfy the required age limit for the institution they want to get admission. It is important to note that the birth date will be considered that of the class 10th certificate.
- A candidate must be an Indian national to be eligible for JEE Mains Exam. However, OCIs, NRIs, POIs, and foreign nationals can also apply.
- Students who have passed their intermediate examinations for 2018 and 2019 are eligible for the JEE exams.
- Students who are going to appear in intermediate exams for 2020 can also apply for the JEE test.
- Besides the upper mentioned things, a student must pass five intermediate or equivalent exams, including mathematics and physics as compulsory subjects with biology or chemistry.
- Aadhaar card is essential to be eligible for the JEE examination.
- Admission criteria for concerned university or college must be followed as per guidelines and standards prescribed by NTA and College or university.
- For admission to the country’s pioneer institutes, candidates must achieve 75% marks in aggregate. However, for reserved categories, the marks percentage is 65%.
- B.Arch. IS paper II: Candidates who want to get admission to this course to pass their intermediate or equivalent examinations with 50% marks in Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics. However, the diploma holders aren’t eligible to apply for this.
A candidate can apply for JEE main exams three times only.
What are the prominent universities one can get admitted to after passing JEE Mains Exam?
Here is the list of public sector institutes who accept scores of JEE Main for admission:
- Delhi Technological University, Delhi
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- GB Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, College of Technology, Pantnagar
- Harcourt Butler Technical University, Kanpur
- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara
- Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology, Sambalpur
- PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh
- Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology, College of Technology and Engineering, Udaipur
- Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology, Murthal
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
- Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women, Delhi
Overall, there are plenty of institutes such as Indian Institutes of Technology, Government Funded technical institutes, National Institutes of Technology, and other technology and engineering institutes. They are accepting the JEE Mains Exam score for admission.
What is the difference between JEE Mains and JEE Advanced?
The JEE (Joint Entrance Exams) is being conducted in two phases JEE Main and JEE Advance.
- JEE Main has replaced the exam of AIEEE. Each year more than 25,000 architecture and engineering seats are filled with JEE Main exams scores.
- JEE Advanced has replaced the IIT JEE entry examination.
The most crucial objective of the Joint entrance exam is to lower the burden of students who had to appear for different entrance exams before. It also ensures greater relevance to the school education, particularly board examinations of class 12.
When do the JEE Exams happen every year?
Even though a massive range of students sits in the JEE examination every year, the number of aspiring students who want to appear in the JEE examination is increasing over the years.
Ever since the NTA (National Testing Agency) has taken the supervision from the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), many options and flexibilities have come in for the students who want to apply for the JEE examination from all around the world.
Earlier JEE examination was held only once a year. However, now these are held twice a year in January and April.
Amazingly, two main slots have been confirmed for students for test timings. The first time slot is from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm. However, the second time slot is from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm.
The interested students for the JEE main exam phase can apply for this online.
Where can one get to see the results?
NTA releases the result of both JEE Mains Exam I and II results. The result of the JEE examination is published on the official website of NTA. To view your JEE Main exams score, you need your application number and password or birth date.
It would help if you kept in mind that the JEE Main Result is available online only. As the exams of JEE Main are conducted in multiple slots, the raw scores are converted only into a scale ranging from 100 to 0 for all examinees’ sessions.
NTA score indicates the percentage of candidates who scored below or equaled to a certain percentile in that session. The percentile of JEE main is calculated based on 100X number of candidates appearing in one particular session with the raw score, less or equal to the candidate divided by the overall number of candidates appeared in that session.
It would be best to keep in mind that the NTA score of totals isn’t an average or aggregate of the particular subject’s NTA score.
What is NTA?
NTA is also known as the National Testing Agency. It has been established as an autonomous, self-sustained, specialist, and premier testing organization that conducts entrance exams for fellowship or admissions in higher educational institutions.
It is a relatively newly formed body to conduct national level entrance examinations by the center such as NEET-UG and JEE. The National Testing Agency also can complete the entire entrance examinations online from 2019 to onwards.
- NTA has not only changed the mode of examination from paper to online, but it also has brought some great flexibility in the exam’s schedules, etc. to provide ease to the students who want to appear in entrance exams.
- Similarly, some changes have been made in JEE Mains Exam as well. Let’s know about these changes here.
- From 2019 to onwards, applicants have to appear in online mode only for JEE main exams. But for B.Arch. Students will attempt the exam in paper format.
- Even more, NTA has doubled the chance for aspirants to appear in JEE Main exams. It has doubled their opportunity to clear the JEE exams than before.
If any student appears for both exams, the best of their two scores will be considered final for the result.
Students now can appear in JEE main exams owing to the availability of sittings and flexibility. Also, as the exams are held in January and April, they will have more time to prepare for JEE main exams with ease.
Due to the increased number of aspirants who want to appear in the JEE main exams, NTA has increased the number of centers. Now JEE’s main exams are held in 258 exam centers. 248 of these entire centers are within India, while 9 centers are in foreign countries.
- Not only this, but NTA has also established approx. 3000 test preparation or practice centers for JEE aspirants all around India.
- These practice test centers are meant to train aspirants for computer-based exams and are functioning from 2018. Aspirants can get registered to start getting training from any of their preferred practice centers with ease.
To have fair results, NTA is going to normalize the process for scores calculation, as well.
What are the Reservations in JEE Mains Exams?
The National Testing Agency is following the rules of reservations from the Indian government strictly. JEE Main reservations are the seats reserved for specific categories to be admitted based on relaxed criteria.
However, if you want to get admission to a particular institute, you need to look at the reservations percentage.
Reservations for JEE Mains exam are given below to let you have a better idea about the things in this regard:
- 27% for NCL-OBC
- 15% is for scheduled castes (SC)
- 7.5% is reserved for Scheduled Tribes (ST)
- However, 5% is reserved for PwDs (Persons with Disability)
What is the application procedure for Jee Mains?
Do you want to apply for JEE Main examinations? Well, the process isn’t complicated at all. It would be best if you are well prepared with all the required documents. However, it can be beneficial to get to know the application procedure before getting into the process to avoid any mistake.
Let’s have a look at the application procedure given below to get a better idea about things in this regard:
- Click here to visit the official website of NTA India.
- Click on the Engineering Tab and then go to JEE Main.
- On this page, you have to click on the link given as “Apply JEE (Main).”
- Here you will see two different tabs named “Registered Candidates” and “Fresh Candidates Registration.”
- If you are a fresh candidate, then click on “Fresh Candidate Registration.”
- Make sure to apply with your Aadhar Card number.
- Now fill out the entire application form as per instructions. Be careful when filling your application form.
- Don’t forget to verify your email ID and mobile number. So, that you can receive the latest notifications for JEE examinations via mobile number or email ID with ease.
- Pay your application fee via Debit card, credit card, or e-challan that will be generated online.
- Complete your slot booking, and that’s it.
- Also, ensure to download your acknowledgment receipt and print out that for further assistance.
Important Notes for Jee Mains Exam:
Make sure to read the information bulletin given on the site carefully before filling the application form. Focus on JEE Main and JEE Advanced criteria mainly because these vary slightly. Also, put some effort into knowing the college or university’s admission criteria you are aiming to get a better idea.
Don’t forget to keep scanned copies of your required documents to apply without any interruption. Also, check the size of the photographs needed before getting them reviewed. While using, choose your options carefully.
For future assistance, make sure to download your acknowledgment receipt once you have done with the registration process for JEE Mains Exam successfully.
What are the application fees?
There is a specific application fee that students have to pay to apply for JEE examinations. Students are allowed to pay this application fee via Credit card, internet banking, Debit Card, or e-challan generated during the process of filling your JEE application by utilizing an online payment gateway facilitated by State Bank of India.
Suppose you will pay the application fee of JEE Mains Exam via any other payment mode such as Demand Draft, Money Order, Initial Public Offering, or more. In that case, it is not going to be accepted.
Do you want to know the fee structure for the JEE Mains Exam application? Let’s have a look at the information given below in this regard to get a better idea about the things:
The application fee for the computer-based test for JEE exams in India are:
|Paper||Category||For Girls||For Boys|
|Paper 1 for B.E or B.Tech Or Paper 2 for B.Arch or B.Planning||For General or OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||250/- INR||500/- INR|
|Paper 1 for B.E or B.Tech Or Paper 2 for B.Arch or B.Planning||For SC, PwD, ST, or Transgender||250/- INR||250/- INR|
|Paper 1 for B.E or B.Tech And Paper 2 for B.Arch or B.Planning||For General or OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||450/- INR||900/- INR|
|Paper 1 for B.E or B.Tech And Paper 2 for B.Arch or B.Planning|| For SC, PwD, ST, or Transgender||450/- INR||450/- INR|
The Application Fee for JEE Exam centers in foreign countries:
|Paper||Category||For Girls||For Boys|
|Paper 1 for B.E or B.Tech Or Paper 2 for B.Arch or B.Planning||For General or OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||1000/- INR||2000/- INR|
|Paper 1 for B.E or B.Tech Or Paper 2 for B.Arch or B.Planning||For SC, PwD, ST, or Transgender||1000/- INR||1000/- INR|
|Paper 1 for B.E or B.Tech And Paper 2 for B.Arch or B.Planning||For General or OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||1500/- INR||3000/- INR|
|Paper 1 for B.E or B.Tech And Paper 2 for B.Arch or B.Planning||For SC, PwD, ST, or Transgender||150/- INR0||1500/- INR|
What are the preparation tips for Jee Mains Exam?
JEE Mains Exam is one of the toughest entrance exams all around the world. Therefore, if you plan to appear in it this year, you need more dedication and hard work to clear it successfully. Most of the students don’t know how to be prepared for JEE examinations to score good marks. Here we have brought some useful yet more comfortable JEE Main examination preparation tips to make things easier for you.
Knowing these tips will undoubtedly help you score better in JEE Main examinations in the best possible way.
So, make sure to consider these preparation tips given below whenever you are preparing for a JEE Main exams to get more benefits with ease:
1.Time management is Key.
Time management is essential. Make sure to learn time management by dividing your time between different subjects. It is because this will help you in preparing for exams more effectively.
2. Avoid any distractions
When preparing for the JEE Main exam, keep the things away that are causing distraction because the focus is essential to understand what you are reading more effectively.
3. Plan to take a mock test
If you are preparing for JEE Main exams for a bit longer, you must consider taking a mock test because it is one of the best ways to remember and revise your prepared topics in the best possible way. You can download our Exam online app from Google Playstore and try it free.
Even more, this will help you in improving your time to resolve an exam more amazingly.
4. Consider past JEE Main exams paper.
When you are preparing for a JEE Main exam, please put your hands on particular past papers of JEE exams. Practicing these past papers or sample papers will help you bring essential things to your fingertips with ease.
5. Be consistent
When you are preparing for your JEE Main Test, make sure to be consistent and well-planned. Make your daily time table. It is undoubtedly going to be better for you. Because of this, you will not only be able to learn effective time management, but it will help you to work consistently as well.
Please don’t leave your JEE Mains Exam preparation at the last minute because it is undoubtedly a challenging exam. So, it is always highly recommended to be consistent and regular from day 1 of your preparation. Because here, hard work and dedication are your keys to success.
6. Have a healthy routine
When preparing for your JEE Mains exam, taking care of yourself is as important as preparing for the test regularly. It is because any illness can cause a significant distraction. To avoid any unwanted situation, make sure to eat correctly, and have a good sleep routine.
Because sound sleep and a healthy lifestyle are not only essential to stay active, but these can boost your focus and memory as well.
7. Take short breaks
When you are studying throughout your day, it is highly essential to take multiple short breaks to refresh your mind. It will help you to feel better and stay more focused with ease. So, make sure to take 15 minutes to 30 minutes of short breaks.
Follow the tips mentioned above to outsmart your competitors in JEE Main exam more effectively. We also have and extensive guide for exam preparation.
As the scale of the JEE examination is high all the time. Therefore, it is pretty standard for aspirants to be more curious to know more about the study.
The JEE examination’s most essential aspects include eligibility criteria, examination details, the difference between JEE main and advance, useful tips for exams preparation, and much more. Here we aim to provide answers to the most commonly asked questions. Here you can get compiled and detailed information about the JEE Mains Exam with ease.
This above guide will help you to prepare for JEE Main in the right way.
Exam Online App can help you prepare much better for JEE main Exam. Unlimited Mock test with instant scores will help you assess your exam preparation in a scientific way. Questions are set on AI based platform depending on your merit and previous scores. Download the best Exam Online Software from Google Play Store